We visited the biggest venture capital gathering event SLUSH!
Slush 2021 was the most founder-focused event on earth. An exclusive gathering of 3200 startups and 1500 investors.
At the beginning of December founders of DEPO Ventures Petr Šíma and Michal Ciffra flew to Helsinki for Europe's largest gathering of venture capitals in the world. SLUSH! Over 1,700 investors ranging from VCs to angels, CVCs, and LPs and all looking for the next big thing.
We would like to share with you some takeaways:
- Can you imagine networking investors in a sauna? This is exactly what we experienced at the investor party in Löyly (Finn Shrine), where we also met Douglas Wong, a member of our DEPO Angels Network
- At an investor dinner, we worked with other European funds to see if blockchain is a trillion-dollar opportunity
- We participated in a great party organized by Trind VC, so we repaid visit to the fund's partner Kimmo Irpola for his visit to our Engaged investment conference in Prague in October 2021
2. New trends
- Angel investments in Europe are on Rise - according to investor Taavet Hinrikus.
- The conference attracted great optimism and it was repeatedly mentioned that the European venture capital world was waiting for golden times
- Tech Visions for 2030 according to Benedict Evan is Web 3 and Metaverse
- Venture capital as part of each investor's portfolio. In the long run, it is the best perforating asset class
3. Interesting facts
- Several special aircraft from Silicon Valley are ordered for Slush every year
- Finland didnt close its borders because of Slush
- The temperature showed -10C but felt like -20C